Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Words

I consider myself a writer because words strike me in ways no other kind of art does. 
Whether it's a quote from an indie chick flick, a lyric, a book excerpt, or something I've been personally told and never forgotten, I keep these with me and revisit them ever so often. They melt me, I repeat them, sometimes I forget which ones are mine and which ones I've molded into mine. 
Everybody has their favorites. And unlike everything else in life, you can be sure that words will never get old, they will never betray themselves, they will always mean something similar, they will always change with you. 
These words stick with different people because they all tell different tales, they all strike the right chords at the wrong time and we have always discreetly carried them before even hearing them.. They are ours way before they become ours.

 Here are a couple that have stuck with me over the years:  

"Your lips are nettles
Your tongue is wine 
Your laughter's liquid, 
But your body is pine"

"..magic soaking my spine.."

"..Childhood living is easy to do.." 

"..staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.." 

"..only love is all maroon.."

".. Is it by mistake or design?"


"Well, I'd like to think I'm the mess you wear with pride
Like some empty dress on the bed you've laid out for tonight" 

"Possibilities of sweetness on technicolor beaches had been trickling through my spine for some time.."

"You smell like a million roses bathed in rock n roll" 

"Gargoyles, standing in front of your gate,
Trying to tell me to wait,
But I cant wait to see you.
So I run like Im mad,
To heaven's door.
I dont wanna be bad,
I wont cheat you no more."

"They say the Devils water it ain't so sweet
You don't have to drink right now
But you can dip your feet
Every once in a little while

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch him now, here he comes

He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman"

"Oh well I don't mind, you don't mind
Cause I don't shine if you don't shine"

"She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita."

"Life changes fast.
Life changes in the instant.
You sit down to dinner and life as you know it ends." 





No comments:

Post a Comment