Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Untouchables (Ramble Post)

I have a problem and it is as follows: I tend to fall for a book or character and immortalize it. I tend to give the most flawed characters a pedestal upon which anybody in my real life could never even fathom touching. It's a real catch-22 because the reason that they are up on that pedestal is because they are so flawed and classic, yet I make them untouchable. Everything is so mediocre in real life and very few people interest me in the beginning and even fewer keep me interested later. Reading an autobiographical book lately (the first book I have opened and read cover to cover in 7 years) helped me build a bridge and connect the two worlds. It helped me understand a legend behind closed doors, but it wasn't just that one person, it was more than that. It helped break down that wall I had built between the Untouchables and my real life. In real life, people are just people and the most grand, beautiful people have awfully human habits. This is something my tough-as-nails mind could never comprehend until I read this book. In the end, all people are JUST people who breathe, curse, have different up-bringings, have views on both sexes, have dark inner demons, have suicidal thoughts, have dependent personalities, have mind-numbing habits, have different complexes, have opposing issues at hand, have different battles, have different priorities, have skewed priorities, have different outlooks.. All, beautifully. I then realized that legend or fame or poverty or homelessness does not have any effect on the "immortality" that is the human being in the grand scheme of things. As mundane as someone may be, their feelings inside and inner monologue are enough to paint the most beautiful portrait next to all other portraits.  The complexity of all human altogether, makes every human alone a legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment