Wednesday, August 13, 2014

People don't know what it's like to be at a stopped sign and be asked for a sandwich. White privilege runs so deep into our core that it sickens me when people upload or like all these racist posts about "sending people back where they came from." This is where the problem lies. The fact that they haven't been where all these souls have come from. I challenge each and everyone of these outspoken white supremacists not to watch some dramatic documentary or research some cold statistics but to take a trip down south or into any struggling Latin country for that matter and feel the pain first hand when someone is selling apples and asking you if you would possibly have any lunch leftovers to give them or cents to complete a bus trip, then watch in the rear view mirror as they automatically rip through the Twinkie in the plastic wrap you happened to have. I know in my heart that if anyone experienced this first hand it could be enough to shift a couple of views slightly.. Even those that have been set since childhood. And that might be enough.

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."
-Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment