Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October

October again in Texas.. The leaves start falling, weather starts dropping, State Fair of Texas arrives with it's fried concoctions, college football revs up, ESPN scores echo through my house, Dallas Cowboys gear everywhere, the foggy car windows defrost while the cars heat up, loud sports bars.. It's pretty much what the Texas is about. 


 My obsession with Halloween isn't shallow- it runs very deep into my subconcious.. It's more of a hobby, an excuse to channel all my ideas and obsessions into a project- a clear template I can work magic on. I feel like it's possible to be anyone or anything.. It's a rush to visit a Halloween store, specially for a movie addict like me. I feel so invincible, like I could emulate a Grecian Goddess'  statuesque manner of walking by wearing a long white dress like Athena.. Like my words could flow like honey if I piled on glitter on my wrists and neck like Daisy Buchanan.. I become immersed in Halloween projects.

It's not only the projects though, it's nostalgia I love about this holiday too. The whole month, I watch all Halloweentowns on Disney Channel along with other kitschy family Halloween movies, and certainly not to mention my love for horror films- of all kinds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment