Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Robert Pattinson and Ryan Gosling are two of a kind. They portray two of the most coveted Romeos of this generation: Noah and Edward. Both represent the romantic fiction every girl wants: a passionate, pure love that stands the test of time. In both stories though, this love would not be possible with Bella and Allie's male counterparts. It is the guy, not the girl, that creates this beautiful love story that evey girl nowadays covets. We all want this beautiful man with old-fashioned morals and mannerisms who comes in and sweeps us off our feet, who sees only us. 

What I want goes a but deeper though. I want a man who likes classical music. Who truly believes his world is empty without me. Recites ancient poetry and opens the door. Holds my hand in the car every time. Plays the piano. Writes a song after me. Jumps on the carousels after me. Takes me dancing in the street. Begins a labor of love after me. 

Some might say these are grand expectations- but I think they're reasonable. I'm not asking for a man with a Cullen bank account. I'm not even asking for vampire looks or vampire wardrobe. 

I think it's reasonable to wait for a guy who's worth it. A guy who was brought up with patience, responsibility, humility, a guy willing to put everything of his on the line for one girl. One woman, somebody secure and happy and healthy.

A fairy tale in most peoples eyes; achievable in mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment